Monday, May 14, 2012

Mage Knights: Summer's Beginning


Unease
Roughly a week later
Myrrdin searched the dressing rooms of the Instructory, eventually finding Crowlin arrayed in robes denoting his job as teaching assistant. “Crowlin! Stop daydreaming; the graduation ceremony has begun!”

Crowlin turned. “It’s gotten stronger, Myrrdin. The smell of strange things and malice. I woke up this morning and I could taste it in the morning wind coming in my window.”

“Well, it’s a bit late to warn anybody, isn’t it?” Myrrdin hissed, batting Crowlin’s legs. “Besides, nothing’s happened over the last week, except for Sage and Deviån getting in a fight over Kashé. Now get! Go!”

“I sit at the back anyway.” Crowlin mused. “I’m only a teaching assistant. I don’t participate in any of the ceremonies; I’m just there for the sake of being there. Maybe I should keep watch around the Instructory’s perimeter, just in case something does happen.”

“You’ll go because your job demands that you be there, and unless you have a good, solid reason for not being there, the headmaster will fire you!” Myrrdin said, jumping onto Crowlin’s shoulder. “And I, for one, will not depart the Instructory in disgrace because you didn’t attend the graduation ceremony. Now go, or I’ll start biting your head!”

“Alright, alright, I’m going.” Crowlin said, straightening his robe. “How far into the graduation are they?”

“The band is still playing the opening song. Now go! Nimarae! Nimarae! Faster, faster!”

No comments:

Post a Comment