Monday, April 23, 2012

Mage Knights: Summer's Beginning


Introvert
“Why don’t you ever go out, Crowlin?” Sage asked, straightening his shirt in the mirror. “You never court girls, you always stay in the dorm or on the campus, reading your youth away.”

“My reasons are my own.” Crowlin answered from his desk, without looking up from his book. “Some of us find knowledge more engaging than human company.”

“More likely that you find your cat more engaging than human company.” Sage said, hooking the clasp of his cloak around his neck.

“I have a name, you know.” Crowlin’s cat, Myrrdin, replied crossly.

“Oh! Myrrdin. Didn’t know you were here.” Sage apologized. “Sorry.”

“Apology accepted.” Myrrdin replied, leaping up onto Crowlin’s desk. “Will you continue to court Kashé tonight, Sage?”

Sage glared at Crowlin. “Did you tell him?”

Crowlin looked up. “Why would you think that? Myrrdin gets around. Likely he saw you trying to charm her.”

“And failing miserably, from what I’m told.” Myrrdin added, licking a paw and drawing it over his ear.

“You did tell him!” Sage accused.

Crowlin shrugged. “It’s not a secret, Sage. Half the campus knows.”

Sage frowned, brushing off his cloak. “Half the campus? You’re exaggerating, right?”

“I may be downplaying it. But then again, I don’t get out a lot, so I can’t say for sure.” Crowlin answered, returning to his spellbook.

“Well, wish me luck.” Sage said, leaving.

“Wished.” Myrrdin and Crowlin replied in unison.

No comments:

Post a Comment