Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Mage Knights: Summer's Beginning: Brainless


Brainless
“Knights. Bloody knights.” Sage muttered. “They strut around like they’re all that, flirting with the ladies and showing off their swords. Brainless buffs, self-centered egotistical-”

“Relax, Sage.” Crowlin said. “Is it really worth getting worked up about?”

Sage grumbled, straightening his rumpled cloak with a crisp snap. “You know I just about fried him? That rockhead flirting with my sister? All eyes and no brain, I tell you. I was ready to roast him on the spot with a little bit of Sunfire. But no, dear sister stops me, and then the brainless lug that was flirting with her tackles me. Gah! It disgusts me.”

“They’re visitors from another region. It was good our classmates held you down; if you’d attacked one of them, you could’ve started a war.” Crowlin pointed out.

“Pfff. As if any region would be stupid enough to attack Aylodae.” Sage muttered. “We’re the only region that trains mage knights and has a standing army where every soldier has a knowledge of both magic and field combat.”

“And Master Parth would remind you that humility is our greatest strength.” Crowlin reminded Sage as they returned to the campus of the Mage Knight Instructory. “Speaking of which, why are you so disgruntled today? You’re not usually like this.”

“I don’t quite know. I just feel like something’s off.” Sage answered, looking around. “Clouds are white, sky’s blue, it’s warm and there’s a gentle breeze. But something just feels off.”

“Well, shake it off.” Crowlin said, clapping him on the shoulder. “It’s the weekend, and we just finished with this year’s finals. I’ll bet the girls are down for a night out at the tavern, aye?”

No comments:

Post a Comment